I got this one from my old roommate Jodi and I've been making it pretty much every fall since the college days. I don't really even try any other pumpkin bread recipes because I love this one so much! It's not particularly healthy, but it is particularly yummy. :)
Harvest Bread
1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
3 1/2 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. ginger
1/2 t. cloves
2 t. cinnamon
1 (32 oz.) can of pumpkin
1 (12 oz.) bag chocolate chips
Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs and mix until light and fluffy. Mix dry ingredients and add, alternating with pumpkin. Add chocolate chips. Pour batter into greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees 60 - 70 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yum! Looks super tasty. This is really similar to Grandma Scott's recipe (aka the only recipe I've ever tried). I'll have to give this one a whirl some time.
ReplyDeleteThis looks yummy! I just got mini-loaf pans from Williams Sonoma (aside: I love them!). I made OBB's pumpkin choc chip bread last Sunday, and it was good, but didn't use much pumpkin. I am anxious to try this one with lots o' pumpkin. I bet it's really moist! Way to go with all of your recipe posts!
ReplyDeletelove you, j