All right girls, I've decided, I'm bringing blogging back! It's cooled off here, we're in more of a regular routine now that we've been in school a few months, and I've been cooking more. Some of the things I have been cooking have actually tasted pretty good and, unbelievably enough, some are recipes that I didn't get from Pinterest or a cooking blog and, as far as I know, don't currently hold a presence on the world wide web. I'm looking to change that. :) Last night we had the missionaries for dinner and I served a pork tenderloin. I got the recipe from my ward cookbook. It was quick, easy and really delicious. The flavors were perfect for fall.
Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic-Cranberry Sauce
1/2 T. butter
1 8 - 10 oz. pork tenderloin (I actually doubled the whole recipe and used 2 tenderloins that were closer to a pound each. With 4 adults and three kids eating, I had about 1/3 of 1 tenderloin left)
1 T. butter
1/2 c. onion chopped
1 T. fresh rosemary, chopped (didn't double this and there was still a nice hint of rosemary)
1/2 c. canned chicken broth
1/3 c. canned whole-berry cranberry sauce
1 T. balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Melt 1/2 T. butter in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Sear pork on all sides, about 2 minutes. Place skillet with pork in oven. Roast pork until thermometer inserted into center registers 155 degrees, about 10 minutes (I used the larger tenderloins and it took closer to 25 - 30 mins). Melt remaining 1 T. butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and rosemary; saute until onion softens, about 3 minutes. Add broth, cranberry sauce and vinegar and whisk until cranberry sauce melts, about 2 minutes. Transfer pork to work surface. Scrape any juices from large skillet into cranberry mixture. Boil until sauce has reduced enough to coat spoon thickly, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Slice pork and serve with sauce. May be served with roasted squash, corn muffins and green beans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment