Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hot Vanilla and Blog Musings

Hi! While I'm laid up a bit, I thought I'd post a simple recipe that I tried the other day from Pinterest.  I like chocolate, but I'm definitely more of a "vanilla-person". In fact, at the drive-thru coffee place down the street from us, I often order a vanilla steamer instead of hot chocolate (which is very good too).  The steamer is just hot milk with vanilla flavoring added.  And essentially, that's what this is.

I think this recipe originally came from the Family Fun magazine, but I found it on Pinterest.  The flavor is subtle, but very calming and delicious.  Furthermore, the recipe on Pinterest had some fancy chocolate whipped cream and chocolate and caramel syrups.  I didn't mess with that ... just the drink and a bit of whipped cream out of a can.

Hot Vanilla (for One)
1 cup milk (any fat content will work)
2 tsp. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (I use Mexican vanilla which really is terrific) 
Additional whipped cream for the top

Mix milk and sugar in microwave safe mug (you don't have to dissolve it.  Just a little stir will do.).  Microwave for 90 seconds.  Stir again and add vanilla.  Add whipped cream on top, and enjoy!

Now for the blog musings ... 
How do people simply attach pictures of their food to their blogs? Do they get out their cameras and then plug in their cameras and attach it to the blog post?  Is there an easier way with a camera phone?  I would love to post more pictures, but it seems like so much extra time and effort. Thoughts? 

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to try Hot Vanilla. I am positive I have plenty of cool days ahead!

    As for the pictures, do you have your phone set up with the cloud on your computer? Every so often, my computer copies pictures on my phone into My Photos folder on computer, so now I am cord-free. I just need to remember to take my own pictures.

    ReplyDelete