This tastes like LeAnn's cornbread recipe, but no Bisquick! My friend who I got the recipe from, calls this Heaven on Cornbread. I eat it that way. Jeff and the kids eat the Heaven part as taco soup and then the cornbread separately.
Cornbread
Cream together the following in a nixing bowl:
1 1/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. cornmeal
1 tsp salt
2/3 c. softened butter
Then add:
2 c. flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c milk
Spray a 9 x 13 pan. Pour batter evenly into pan and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
**I usually cut this recipe in half and cook it in a 7x11? pan.
Heaven part
3-4 thawed chicken breasts
2 cans corn
1 can black beans, rinsed
16 oz jar of salsa
Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 5-6 hours. When you have a half hour left, shred up the chicken in the pot and let it soak up the juice. Serve on cornbread wit cilantro, sour cream and cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment