Thursday, November 15, 2012

Breakfast and Snack Menus

Blogspot is killing me! I am having a lot of trouble posting and editing today. But I'll try this again ... because you guys are worth it. Jenny asked me the other day for other menu ideas (like the breakfast, lunch, and snack menus). I love having these menus ... especially the snack menu. Instead of the kids eating their way through my pantry in one afternoon, or better yet, instead of them eating their way through all of the "packaged" snacks that I save for school or outings, I can serve them a pre-planned snack. This has also helped me to stop forgetting to give the non-talking child (well, he talks ... but he can't say "feed me a snack" yet) a snack and ending up with an irate munchkin clinging to my legs at 5:00 when I'm starting dinner and guiltily realize that he's not eaten anything since lunch. Oops. So, here's what we had last week:  

Breakfast Menus
Mini German Pancakes with yogurt and raspberry jam
Eggs and toast
Bagels with cream cheese and cereal
Crepes
Cereal (Sunday morning)
Blueberry Waffles (instead I made the baked oatmeal Jenny pinned on Pinterest; yum!)
Breakfast burritos

Snack Menus
Apple Carrot Muffins
Cheese, Crackers, and Apple slices
Popcorn
Graham crackers and milk
Brownies and milk
Frozen Fruit Bars -- Fruit chillers  

Other snack ideas the kids like:
Hummus and pita chips
chips and salsa
pita bread pizzas
smoothie popsicles (leftover smoothie poured into popsicle trays)
stuffed celery (Eric and baby aren't really sold on this yet)
Rice cakes and fruit
Frozen gogurts
I really like to cook muffins with fruit/veggies and flax meal added to eat for snacks.

Hope this helps! I'd sure love to see what you guys do for snacks and breakfasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment