This is one recipe that I'm really sad I don't have a picture for. They are gorgeous ... like something from a real-live cupcake shop! This recipe was requested by Jenny and is a combination of recipes from the Picky Palate blog. They are so delicious. I have a friend who tells me she craves them ... and the last time I made them, Matt asked me to take only what I had to away from our house. :)
Red Velvet Cupcakes
A combination of two recipes from the Picky Palate Blog
1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1/2 Cup water
8 oz sour cream
1 small box chocolate pudding mix (the 4 serving box)
4 eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer [I used a hand mixer.]beat the cake mix, oil, water, sour cream, pudding mix, and eggs until thick and well combined. Usually for about 60 seconds. [Be very, very careful not to splatter this stuff. It is bright red! It will stain your fingers slightly.] With a cookie scoop or spoon, place cake batter into paper lined cupcake tins, just over 1/2 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes [mine only needed 20] or until toothpick comes out clean from center. Remove and let cool.
Please, please, please don't be tempted to use cream cheese frosting from the carton/can. It will *not* do these cupcakes justice. I know there are lots of cream cheese frosting recipes out there. This is a good one because it is thick and you can pipe it.
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 stick softened butter
1 lb powdered sugar
To prepare frosting, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar until creamy and thick.
I'm picking up where Picky Palate left off ... place frosting in a gallon size ziploc bag (all toward one corner, if you can). trim small end of bag and pipe in a thick swirl on top of cupcake. (You will be treated like a rock star if you do this ... they come out looking awesome!)
If you can stand to wait, try chilling them in the refrigerator. I think they're best chilled. But they are nothing to sneeze at if they're room temp, either.
Happy Baking, Girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment