Does everyone already have this recipe? Does anyone even read this blog anymore? I just typed this recipe up to send to a couple of friends in the ward who requested it after I took it to a baby shower tonight. It was fairly quick and easy and I got loads of compliments and recipe requests, so I decided it was blog-worthy. Maybe we can get this thing moving again. I combined a Pampered Chef recipe and a recipe from Our Best Bites to come up with this one.
Fruit Salsa
4 - 5 c. assorted fruit, diced small (you can use any fruit you want or have on hand; a variety of colors looks nice. For the shower I used strawberries, mango, kiwi and blueberries...probably a cup each of strawberries and mango, 4 kiwi and 3/4 c. or so of blueberries)
2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. apricot jam
2 Tbsp. orange juice
Mix sugar, jam and juice together and gently mix in with diced fruit. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cinnamon Chips
4 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. butter, melted
12 (6-inch) tortillas
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Brush each tortilla with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar then cut into 8 wedges with a pizza cutter. Place wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8 - 10 minutes; until they are golden brown and crisp.
* You can spray tortillas with water or cooking spray instead of using melted butter to save on calories and fat, but the butter does make them extra tasty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment