This recipe is from the Sisters Cafe Blog. I LOVE this recipe. I found it one night as I was looking for breakfast ideas requiring only one egg. This recipe is easily doubled or tripled, and while the batter looks heavy, the pancakes are light with a sweetness to them from the applesauce. Yum!
In the picture, you will notice they are green ... we dyed them for St. Patrick's day breakfast. As you can tell, I'm becoming a true food blogger as I actually staged this food shot just for the blog. I told the kids to act natural ... Eric did (finger in his nose), Jake hammed it up. :)
Enjoy!
Applesauce Pancakes
from Sisters Cafe blog
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp. oil
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Combine ingredients just until moistened. Cook.
Made these last weekend when we had overnight guests and they were, yet again, a hit! Thanks!
ReplyDelete