Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tostadas Salsa Verde

Okay, girls. I think I may have emailed this to you before, but this recipe is THAT good that I thought I'd post it on the blog while I was thinking of it. If you've not made it yet, repent and do it! :) After you make it, you can take a picture and add it to the blog for me. LOL!

From: Great Food Fast Cookbook

4 flour tortillas (6 inch … I used bigger, and it all worked out)
¾ cup shredded pepper jack cheese (I used colby jack, and it was great)
2 ½ cups shredded chicken (this calls for boiled chicken, but I used shredded chicken that I’d cooked with salsa in the crockpot; I also think rotisserie chicken from the groc store would be good and quick!)
1 cup jarred green salsa, plus more for serving
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
Iceberg lettuce
Tomatoes, diced
¼ cup sour cream

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the tortillas on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the tortillas; bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes (mine was no more than 8 minutes)

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, salsa, the ¼ cup cilantro, and the cumin. Spoon the mixture evenly over the tortillas; bake until heated through, about 8 minutes.

Top with the lettuce, tomato, and sour cream. (We also topped with sweet corn and black beans) Sprinkle with the remaining cilantro. Serve immediately, with additional green salsa, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment