Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cranberry Orange Bread

I know Grandma submitted a cranberry bread recipe for Jenny's book, but I haven't tried it. I think I will have to do a side by side comparison!! (Since I bought the 3 lb bag of cranberries at Costco.)

Cranberry Bread

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. orange juice
1 egg, beaten
2 T. vegetable oil
1 T. orange peel (grated)
1 1/2 c. cranberries, chopped

Preheat oven to 350. Grease pan. Mix dry ingredients in medium sized bowl. Stir in orange juice, peel, oil and egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries. Spread evenly in loaf pan. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.** Cool on rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely, then GLAZE!

9 x 5 loaf pan 55 min. Makes 1
Mini loaf pan 30-40 min. Makes 4
Mini bundt pan 25-35 min. Makes about 6.

Orange glaze
1 lb. powdered sugar
1/2 c. orange juice
1 tsp. grated orange peel
2 T. softened butter (1 stick for frosting)

Combine all ingredients and beat for 2 minutes. Use orange juice to thin, if desired.

Seriously, so good and addicting. Relatively healthy, right?? 2 T. oil, 1 egg, orange juice, cranberries...

No comments:

Post a Comment