I know, I know. My last post was a dinnertime chicken dish. Sorry. But Jenny asked me recently for some crockpot recipes for her friend's parents who are on a mission, and as I was thumbing through a few recipes, I stumbled upon this recipe that I'd forgotten all about (it is written on a scrap of paper with snowmen all over it). I know "cream of" soups aren't the best, and I suppose if you wanted to up the workload, you could make your own ... or you could just suck it up and make this easy crockpot and remember that you're not eating "cream of" soups everyday! :)
A friend brought this to me after I had Jacob. It is a total comfort food for me, and we love to eat it with cranberry sauce. Happy cooking!
Chicken Dinner in a Crockpot
Place 3 or 4 (depending on size and how many people are eating) thawed chicken breasts at bottom of crockpot. Layer sliced/cubed potatoes, carrots, onions and sprinkle each layer with garlic salt and pepper (go easy on the pepper ... for some reason, a little goes a long way in this dish). Mix one can of cream of mushroom soup, with 3/4 can of water and pour over the veggies and chicken. Dot the top with 2 Tbsp. of butter (cut into smaller chunks). Cook all day on low. Enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment