Hi Gals! I felt it was time for another post from me. I may have already shared this recipe with you, but it is a summertime favorite for us because I don't have to use the oven or stove. I don't usually have cashews or apricot preserves on hand, but I have found that if you buy a small can of cashews and a jar of apricot preserves, it's usually enough to make this recipe three times.
Cashew Chicken
(I can't remember if it's from Taste of Home or Simple and Delicious)
Serves 4 with rice
1/2 cup apricot preserves
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. chicken broth (I usually just use water unless I have chicken broth already opened)
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks (approx. 2 breasts)
1 medium green or red pepper, chopped (I usually leave these in chunks so kids can pick them out :))
1/2 cup salted cashews
Hot cooked rice (I do mine in the rice cooker so I don't have to use my stove.)
In a shallow, microwave-safe dish, combine the first 7 ingredients. Add chicken chunks and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once. (I put it in for 1:30) and then stir, and then 1:30.)
Add green pepper and cashews. Cover and microwave on high 2-4 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, stirring once. Let stand covered for 3 minutes. Serve with rice.
Note: If you really don't want to add peppers, I'd consider adding steamed broccoli or carrots or pea pods before serving ... it seems like it needs one more texture and flavor if you don't add the pepper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment